Dear Depression- Part Four

Dear depression,

We haven’t met each other for a long time,
For almost four months now.
Of course there have been the occasional fleeting glances,
Where I said hello then goodbye
As fast as the sun says it to the sky.
We all knew that this day would come eventually,
The day when the world is only available in grey scale
And the flowers are all shriveled and dead.
You waited patiently for my guard to fall
And then you crept.
Softly.
Slowly.
Quietly.
You crept.
Then you pounced,
And I fell under your weight.
You didn’t snarl at me,
You didn’t growl,
But licked my face with the soft gentleness
Of petals on the skin.
I took two pills,
Then three.
Then four.
Finally, I relented
And in crept your friends,
Numbness
And
Bitterness.
And now they rest between my shoulders,
On my chest,
On my head,
On my back,
On me.
And I see you smiling from your seat,
On the foot of my bed
As I cry,
Staining the pillow a dark grey.
What will be your next move?
You grin,
The chess piece moves slowly.
Too slowly.
I remain huddled,
Shuddering.

Love,

Samragni

Comments

Popular Posts