I almost believed you.

To the person who had to walk me home when I was drunk,

I'm sorry that you had to listen to
My ramblings about my problems,
Problems that were probably completely insignificant. 
I cannot express my thanks,
For making me feel like I wasn't alone.
Thank you for listening,
For not leaving me alone. 
For texting me back 
Instead of the running away the next day.
I don't remember much of what I said that night.
I don't know how much you understood through the snot and tears,
But I remember feeling much better
By the time you left me at my front door. 
But from what I do remember,
I know that we talked about the stars,
As we sat on a bench,
With my knee bleeding through my stockings. 
I remember you telling me that it was going to be okay,
That everything would be better. 

And in my drunken haze,
I almost believed you. 

Dodie: Intertwined

Comments

Popular Posts